Question to welders out there?
Hi, im thinking of making a decked out welding table but made out of wood than covering the surface with sheet metal or maybe iron 1 inch thick for the top of the table since I wouldnt want to burn the wood than covering the rest with cheap sheet metal, im really looking for cheap wise, what you think? Any ideas
basic metal table you can hook your ground to the leg set your part on the table and start welding
In modern day economic crisis it is essential to get the most you can for your shopping money. So there is certainly no good reason to over pay for when there are thousands of them available for sale on eBay. Plus, eBay is among the biggest and most reliable internet purchasing sites across the world. This site is sanctioned by eBay to make it easier to get the that you are trying to find and display them to you. If you can not see the browsing for below. Use the lookup function on your right, or use one of the recent searches in the list.
Hand Manual Floor Type Compact Bender Bending Metal Fabrication Welding 1 3
100 4 AWG GAUGE EXCELENE WELDING CABLE 50 BLACK 50 RED USA MADE BATTERY LEADS
10 1 0 WELDING CABLE EXCELENE RED MADE IN USA
50 SOOW 6 4 CABLE PORTABLE INDOOR OUTDOOR WIRE USA
MILLER 60SX ARC STATION WELDING FULLY LOADED 951413
Inter Lakes Welding Table 30W x 28L x 325H 1 Steel Top
25 FEET 1 AWG GAUGE EXCELENE BLACK WELDING CABLE OR BATTERY LEADS
It is an accepted fact that welding is a risky operation and finding a safe workspace that can withstand the high heat of welding can be difficult. Welding operators who do not find suitable floor space or feel uncomfortable working on the floor may build their own convenient welding tables.
There are many different ways to design a welding table but the design must be such that it is cost-effective and also provide working comfort to the welding operator.
The biggest cost component in the making of any welding table is the thick steel top. But a 1.6mm gauge sheet metal on top of marine ply should suffice. This relatively thin sheet metal is more to protect the top of the ply wood from all possible spatter and hot sparks that emanate during the welding operations.
The ideal height of a welding table is 900mm high and this height would be right for all welding operators. It will be helpful to fit castor wheels to the bottom of the legs for easy movement of the welding table inside the workshop.
Materials needed to construct a welding table:
* Metal top of 1.6mm sheet metal to size 832x1195mm for use as table top surface
* Marine ply or some similar flat wood for table top, of the same size as the sheet metal
* Legs are 40x40x3mm box section
* Castor wheels – 4 nos.
* Iron angle for the underside of the table preferably 40x40x4mm
* Mesh for shelf beneath the table top
* Iron angle to size 25x25x3mm for using around the top ply edges
* Small length of 5mm diameter rod of half meter length
Procedure to construct the welding table:
* Cut down the marine ply to match the size of the sheet metal top.
Chop up some angle iron that will be welded up so that it can be bolted to the underside of the wooded table top. Cut two angle irons to 632mm length and two other 995mm length and these will make up the underside frame of the table top.
* Lay out your four bits of angle on the workshop floor. All the cuts have to be at right angles. You will need to cut them at 45 degrees so that when you weld them together, the height will be flush. On the particular abrasive chop saw loosen the two bolts and adjust the angle to 45 degrees. Once that is done, trim the ends at 45 degrees.
* Get the angle grinder and clean up the cuts and make them fine and smooth so that when the pieces are butted together, there will not have any problems. Lay out the four pieces again and tack-weld them together.
* Once the four corners are tack welded you will need to check the whole thing for square and flatness. Check the corners with a square to make sure that they are at perfect right angles.
* Next, grind down the weld beads on the top flat angle surface. Some holes will have to be drilled around the frame to facilitate screwing the timber top to the bench.
* Now make up the shelf frame to consist of four pieces of the 40x40x3mm box section steel welded into a rectangle of the same dimensions of the top frame. Finish them off with a grinder to get the burrs and metal shavings off the cut face. Go to clamp and weld the frame up.
* Lay out your four lengths of steel and tack-weld them in all four corners four times. This frame should not be fully welded as the legs have to sit on top of and underneath it. So leave the four tack welds in each corner and just grind them down.
* Cut to length four pieces of box at 500mm long. These will be welded onto the frame that that was just made. Next, you will tack weld the angle iron frame to the top of these legs.
* ake some mesh and cut it out to fit on top of the shelf frame. Chop the corners out of the mesh so that the legs can be welded on. The bottom legs will now need to be cut out. Again out of 40x40x3mm box. Only tack welds for now.
* Weld the mesh into its place. The mesh once welded will hold the frame tightly. If everything is perfect and hold square, weld it all up. A few small tack welds for each castor wheel should see them holding on tight. Get hold of the angle grinder and use the wire brush and go over the whole frame work of the welding table.
* Use an angle iron frame to go around the edge of the marine ply top to protect the edge of the wood, and also to make it look more aesthetic. Tack-weld the top sheet of steel in a few places to the angle iron edge and do the vertical down welds for the edges of the angle iron.
About the Author
John Peter is a Professional writer working with Everlastgenerators and he writes articles for Plasma Cutters. He written many articles like Welders, plasma cutting, TIG Welders. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit our site http://www.everlastgenerators.com
welding shop tool lift hi lo lifting table 24 low 425 high 36wide x 24 deep, welding table assembly bench steel mig stick welding work bench 34 thick top , gotorch 2x2 cnc plasma cutting table for sheet metal cutting, weldsale 6x3 foot welding platen table with stand amp; lots of assorted clamps, torchmate cnc plasma 2x2 with 2 x 4 water table, cnc plasma table plans to build your own 4x4 cnc plasma cutting table, 5x10 m4 hybrid cnc plasma table3 axis by lightning cnc mach 3 sheet cam , 4 x 8 m4 hybrid cnc plasma table3 axis by lightning cnc mach 3 sheet cam , new 6x6 m4 plasma table3 axis by lightning cnc mach3 sheet cam nema 23 , lightning cnc 6 x 12 m6 wood router table complete electronics , plasma table, hpy desk lamp magnifier welding table magnifying glass adjustable support clamp, fanuc arcmate w lincoln power wave 455 rotating weld table, the cincinnati kid annmargret tuesday weld massage table original lobby card, heavy duty solid 6x6x4 thickness acorn welding tablemulti purpose oc291 , acorn welding table 4x4, lightning cnc m6 2x3 router plasma table complete with electronics , cnc burning table with torchmate3 software, lightning cnc m6 5x20 ft industrial size routerplasma table cuts 5x20 sheets, lightning cnc m6 5x5 wood router table electronics amp; software mach 3 sheet cam, lightning cnc 2x3 m6 router plasma table turnkey with hypertherm powermax 45, huges pfc 10 welder hrw 100b 100watt sec ps welding vta60 dual headwemstable, 50 x 26 x 6 tslotted table cast iron steel layout welding a15016 a15017, interlakes welding table 30w x 28l x 325h 1steeltop, steel welders welding table portable shop garage tools free shipping new, 6 digital electronic height depth gauge gage router table saw weld set up tool, led magnifying welding table lamp magnifier glass clip helping hand 3 lens 306, t slotted fixture plate table 30 x 46 58 slots milling drilling welding, 2 disc graphics set cnc plasma cutter router table free ship no reserve, vintage industrial weldbilt paint factory cart machine age steampunk art table, precision plasma llc 4x8 low cost cnc plasma router table diy gantry kit, precision plasma llc 4x4 low cost cnc plasma router table diy gantry kit, slide table for hamilton electron beam welder, 47x23x5 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, 48 x 60 x 311 inch topbrute machine basewelding table coolant troth, 5x5 m4 hybrid cnc plasma table3 axis lightning cnc mach 3 sheetcam computer, 6x12 m4 hybrid cnc plasma table3 axis lightning cnc mach3 sheetcam computer, table clock ashton sutton metal bird case hand weld double sided easy to read, 1 12 steel top industrial age welding shop table bench kitchen counter island, 26 x 24 metal shop table industrial age bench kitchen counter island welding, 35x24 welding table 38 steel metal industrial iron age kitchen bench cabinet, 5 x 30 steel welding table industrial age shop bench kitchen counter island a, 5 x 30 steel welding table industrial age shop bench kitchen counter island b, 5 x 30 steel welding table industrial age shop bench kitchen counter island c, metal industrial machine age factory decor end table plant welding stand vintage, excello japan silver chrome table lighter ad greenville mississippi welding co, 42 x 155 x6 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, 50 x 11 steel tslotted table jig layout fixture weld welding plate cast iron, 45 x 16 tslotted table steel cat iron layout jig fixture welding plate weld, 39 x 24 steel tslotted table cast iron layout fixture plate weld welding, 31 x 16 steel tslotted table jig layout fixture weld welding plate cast iron, 26 x 14 x 5 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, adjustable welding work table plasma cutter grinding table mig tig welder new , 12 by 6 aluminum topped air floatvacuum layout table, baileigh pt22 plasma table, baileigh pt44 plasma cutting table, baileigh pt44vh plasma table, baileigh pt510hd cnc plasma table, unitek miyachi cctv 70100 86340101 presicion table weld head assembly t463, 16126 desk lamp magnifier welding table magnifying glass adjustable support clam, table butane gas jet flame torch lighter soldering welding honest high quality