Question to welders out there?
Hi, im thinking of making a decked out welding table but made out of wood than covering the surface with sheet metal or maybe iron 1 inch thick for the top of the table since I wouldnt want to burn the wood than covering the rest with cheap sheet metal, im really looking for cheap wise, what you think? Any ideas
basic metal table you can hook your ground to the leg set your part on the table and start welding
In modern day economy it is imperative to get the most you can for your online money. So there is certainly no justification to pay too much for when you will find tons of them available on eBay. Plus, eBay is about the most significant and most reliable internet shopping sites on the planet. This web site is sanctioned by eBay to help you locate the you are seeking and show them to you. If you do not notice the searching for down the page. Use the lookup function on your right, or use one of the latest lookups in the list.
MILLER ARCSTATION 30FX 300837 Welding Table
Table Welding Table Steel Shop Table 16 FEET LONG
HEAVY DUTY WELDING TABLE 5 X 3 X 1 2 TIG MIG MILLER LINCOLN ONTARIO CALIF
It is an accepted fact that welding is a risky operation and finding a safe workspace that can withstand the high heat of welding can be difficult. Welding operators who do not find suitable floor space or feel uncomfortable working on the floor may build their own convenient welding tables.
There are many different ways to design a welding table but the design must be such that it is cost-effective and also provide working comfort to the welding operator.
The biggest cost component in the making of any welding table is the thick steel top. But a 1.6mm gauge sheet metal on top of marine ply should suffice. This relatively thin sheet metal is more to protect the top of the ply wood from all possible spatter and hot sparks that emanate during the welding operations.
The ideal height of a welding table is 900mm high and this height would be right for all welding operators. It will be helpful to fit castor wheels to the bottom of the legs for easy movement of the welding table inside the workshop.
Materials needed to construct a welding table:
* Metal top of 1.6mm sheet metal to size 832x1195mm for use as table top surface
* Marine ply or some similar flat wood for table top, of the same size as the sheet metal
* Legs are 40x40x3mm box section
* Castor wheels – 4 nos.
* Iron angle for the underside of the table preferably 40x40x4mm
* Mesh for shelf beneath the table top
* Iron angle to size 25x25x3mm for using around the top ply edges
* Small length of 5mm diameter rod of half meter length
Procedure to construct the welding table:
* Cut down the marine ply to match the size of the sheet metal top.
Chop up some angle iron that will be welded up so that it can be bolted to the underside of the wooded table top. Cut two angle irons to 632mm length and two other 995mm length and these will make up the underside frame of the table top.
* Lay out your four bits of angle on the workshop floor. All the cuts have to be at right angles. You will need to cut them at 45 degrees so that when you weld them together, the height will be flush. On the particular abrasive chop saw loosen the two bolts and adjust the angle to 45 degrees. Once that is done, trim the ends at 45 degrees.
* Get the angle grinder and clean up the cuts and make them fine and smooth so that when the pieces are butted together, there will not have any problems. Lay out the four pieces again and tack-weld them together.
* Once the four corners are tack welded you will need to check the whole thing for square and flatness. Check the corners with a square to make sure that they are at perfect right angles.
* Next, grind down the weld beads on the top flat angle surface. Some holes will have to be drilled around the frame to facilitate screwing the timber top to the bench.
* Now make up the shelf frame to consist of four pieces of the 40x40x3mm box section steel welded into a rectangle of the same dimensions of the top frame. Finish them off with a grinder to get the burrs and metal shavings off the cut face. Go to clamp and weld the frame up.
* Lay out your four lengths of steel and tack-weld them in all four corners four times. This frame should not be fully welded as the legs have to sit on top of and underneath it. So leave the four tack welds in each corner and just grind them down.
* Cut to length four pieces of box at 500mm long. These will be welded onto the frame that that was just made. Next, you will tack weld the angle iron frame to the top of these legs.
* ake some mesh and cut it out to fit on top of the shelf frame. Chop the corners out of the mesh so that the legs can be welded on. The bottom legs will now need to be cut out. Again out of 40x40x3mm box. Only tack welds for now.
* Weld the mesh into its place. The mesh once welded will hold the frame tightly. If everything is perfect and hold square, weld it all up. A few small tack welds for each castor wheel should see them holding on tight. Get hold of the angle grinder and use the wire brush and go over the whole frame work of the welding table.
* Use an angle iron frame to go around the edge of the marine ply top to protect the edge of the wood, and also to make it look more aesthetic. Tack-weld the top sheet of steel in a few places to the angle iron edge and do the vertical down welds for the edges of the angle iron.
About the Author
John Peter is a Professional writer working with Everlastgenerators and he writes articles for Plasma Cutters. He written many articles like Welders, plasma cutting, TIG Welders. Contact him at email@example.com. For more information visit our site http://www.everlastgenerators.com
60 x 25 x 9 tslotted table cast iron steel layout welding a15016 a15017, lk adjustable steel welding table, steel tables shop metal mechanic fabrication welding work bench , antique vintage iron large metal work bench casters rolling welding table cart, industrial work table business amp; industrial manufacturing amp; metalworking , cnc plasma table plans 8x4 table, 250 cnc plasma amp; router table top designs by clayton westbrook msrp $97 nr, cnc plasma cutting table, strong hand tools buildpro modular welding table tma54738, 14 thick steel fabrication table 28 x 34, 30 x 32 industrial steel table w bench vice, heavy duty steel welding table 34 top fabrication layout bench, kobalt worklight table traynewkblt20whlpickup only, 26 x 14 tslotted steel table layout welding weld plate tslot cast iron aaa, metal gear welding table welding workstation, welding table 10 ft x 4 ft x 36 h x 12 thick, hughes motorized positioning table precision welding power supply bonding system, table welding table steel shop table 16 feet long , strong hand tools welding table nomad 30 l 20 w 2632 h ea ts3020, steel welding table 34 top w 2 31 angle brackets m7 18530isu, 1934 x 3918 cast iron welding layout table off hurco bmc30 vmc used, metal table welding 4 leg 72x37x 1 m7 18534isu, 56 swing drill press tapper 5 speed heavy duty 25 x 53 x 43 welding table, 4x8 steel table steel welding layout table fixture stand aval weld 57x107, cnc plasma and flame cutting table machine 5 x12water table and tracing , 26 x 24 metal shop table industrial age bench kitchen counter island welding, 5 x 30 steel welding table industrial age shop bench kitchen counter island b, 5 x 30 steel welding table industrial age shop bench kitchen counter island c, 205 x 4325 x 55 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 42 x 175 x 35 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 46875 x 22625 x 45 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 4175 x 1675 x 4 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 355 x 1975 x 6 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 26 x 14 x 575 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 6 digital electronic height depth gauge gage router table saw weld set up tool, nederman dantherm oscar down draft table w welding arm, nice 50 kva mckay federal twin head production spotwelder w rotary table, cnc router fennec 1325 3kw spindle 13x25m cutting table, tools hand free bench work table vise weld woodwork grind garage shop limited , 5575 x 3125 x 55 steel welding 4 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, 500 lb fabspec tilt amp; rotate indexing table 24754, 5225 x 208 x 55 steel welding 3 tslotted table cast iron layout plate, buildpro leveling caster for strong hand welding tables, sector spectrum cnc plasma table 10x20 whypertherm hpr260xd 1yr old torch, interlakes machine base welding table laser cnc xyz 4x6 , champ foldable welding table 4039, 395 x 21 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, 355 x 18 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, 71 x 21 steel welding tslotted table cast iron layout plate tslot weld, camp;g challenger plasma oxygen cutting system burny 3 plasma table 5€ x 7€, desk lamp magnifier welding table magnifying glass adjustable support clamp, 78 x 25 x 7 steel layout welding work table t slot cast iron off kitamura, 68 x 295 x 2 steel layout welding work table t slot cast ballscew removed, craftsman 10 table saw amp; 42 biesmeyer extension fence system mobile base weld, welding shop tool lift hi lo lifting table 24 low 425 high 36wide x 24 deep, four station weld table brick regulator acetylene gas, led magnifying welding table lamp magnifier glass clip helping hand 3 len, cnc plasma table plans to build your own 4x4 cnc plasma cutting table, square fixture kit for strong hand tools metal fabrication and welding table, eastwood plasma metal cutting table, strong hand tools connector plate for ts3020fk nomad welding table